Welcome back for this year’s “The Proof is in the Batter” recipe contest, courtesy of the Progressive Insurance 21st Anniversary St. Paul Ice Fishing & Winter Sports Show and Clam Corporation. The contest in 2012 was so much fun, we’re going to do it again!
We encourage you to get creative with one of the three seasonings from Goose Antler Lodge to create an amazing, delicious recipe. There are no limitations to the ingredients. In fact, you don’t even have to use fish; although as an ice fishing fan, we can’t imagine that you wouldn’t want to!
Please submit your original creations to email@example.com by Nov. 6, 2013, to be entered in the contest. The grand prize is a Clam Yukon TC, valued at $550. Below is a sample recipe from the kitchen at Goose Antler Lodge.
Happy cooking and good luck!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup Goose Antler Lodge Fish Batter
- 1/3 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets walleye
1. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
2. Beat the eggs and water together in a bowl until smooth; set aside. Combine the Goose Antler Lodge Fish Batter, potato flakes, and Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl until evenly mixed. Dip the walleye fillets into the beaten egg, then press into the dry batter mixture. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until the fish is opaque in the center and flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.